NO BAKE CHEWY DATE & CHOCO BARS
Gluten Free l Grain Free l Refined Sugar Free l Vegan l Dairy Free | Vegetarian
I have a sweet tooth after dinner and this type of sweet treat always satisfies me. I also use them as treats for my children especially after their sport training. They are so delicious but packed with protein so great before or after exercise... or just because...
Gluten Free l Grain Free l Refined Sugar Free l Vegan l Vegetarian l Dairy Free
Serving: 1 I Prep time: 10 minutes I Total time: 40 minutes
For the base
· 2 cups of pitted dates, firmly packed
· 1 cup nuts of choice I used peanuts
· 1/2 cup nut or seed butter of choice, I used peanut butter
· 1/4 cup sticky sweetener of choice (honey, agave nectar)
· 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
For the chocolate topping
· 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
· 1/2 cup of cacao powder
· 1/4 cup of sweetener (adapt to how rich you want chocolate)
· optional (1 tablespoon of nut butter to add a nutty flavour)
1. Combine all the base ingredients in a food processor and blend until desired consistency.
2. Press into a small baking pan and place in the freezer to harden
3. For the chocolate topping, stir the cacao powder into the coconut oil until fully combined.
4. Add the sweetener and nut butter (opt.) and combine thoroughly – you can use a food processor.
5. Once the base has hardened you can pour on your topping evenly and put back in the freezer to set.
6. This won’t take longer than ½ hour to 1 hour.
7. Cut up into pieces and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!