The perfect "end of week" dish. I use this to use up all the leftover vegetables in my fridge. It is super tasty and I think the little kids like it as it is so colourful? Quick and easy as always. Any leftovers my teens will happily take for school lunch the next day. This serving is for 8 as we are a big family of 6 and always want two servings left over for lunches. Easy to make a 1/2 portion use recipe below.
Gluten Free l Grain Free l Refined Sugar Free l Paleo
Serving: 8 I Prep time: 20 minutes I Total time: 45 minutes
2 garlic cloves
1kg chicken thighs
1 tbsp olive oil (I use avocado oil)
5 cups of chopped vegetables: Here I used: purple cabbage, zucchini, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, carrot, spinach and kale.
2 cups of rocket leaves
1 cup cashew nuts
1/3 cup of tamari
1/3 cup of honey
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice onion and crush garlic.
2. Cut up chicken into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion clear.
4. Add in chicken and cook until white.
5. Add in vegetables and stir-fry with chicken until all is cooked.
6. Throw in cashew nuts.
7. Mix tamari and honey together. Pour mixture unto pan and continue to mix with chicken and vegetables.
8. Place rocket into serving plates. Serve chicken stir-fry on top and then add sliced avocado.