SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH SWEET POTATO
This makes dinner and lunch the next day, so is an easy and affordable family meal. With the sweet potato and beef mince it is so filling so perfect to add veggies with it or salad (as pictured above).
Gluten Free l Grain Free l Refined Sugar Free l Paleo
Serving: 10 I Prep time: 15 minutes I Total time: 45 minutes
2 garlic cloves
1kg beef mince
1 tbsp ghee, butter or coconut oil
1 tbsp butter
3 large sweet potatoes
700gms of pure tomato sauce
1 tbsp of honey
3 tbsp of gluten free flour (I use almond flour)
1 cups of grated veggies - carrots, zucchini
1 cup stock
Salt and pepper to taste
[if gte IE 8][endif]1. Slice onion and crush garlic.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion clear.
4. Add in mince and cook until brown stirring constantly.
5. Pour off excess fat.
6. Stir in flour and cook for a minute.
7. Add tomato sauce, honey and stock and bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer for 5mins.
8. Peel sweet potatoes, cut into chucks and boil in pot of water until soft.
9. Drain off water and return to heat carefully and cook for a few seconds to absorb extra moisture.
10. Add 1 tbsp butter and mash sweet potato.
11. Put mince in dish and cover with sweet potato. Bake for about 20 minutes.